CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Sunday 28 October 2007

Tak Fook Seafood Restaurant -

It has been a while that I didn't dine in a seafood restaurants..perhaps a year. Today, I went out with a couple of friends & we had a wonderful time playing bowling, pool and finally we que up for the October Fest that cost us at RM1.00 per bottle at the One U - new wing but we got to find (2) 50 cents coin in order to purchase the German beer and only 1000 bottle per day. So it was fun to enjoy the RM1 beer...worth it.

Finally, we decided to have seafood dinner at this restaurant - located at Amanpuri heading towards Sri Damansara. Use to go there last year but stop for sometime for no reason.We saw the que as usual, we got to pre-order the food where a captain/waitres would stand at the side of the entrance.

I saw a difference - positive changes..See below :-
1) They have got uniform - nice, smart & clean.And they have the seafood restaurant name printed on it....branding!
2) They have opened a branch in Puchong too
3) They replaced plates. Very zen looking . It was all square looking from small to big ones.

So, it was our turn to order the food. We had :-
1) Fried Salted Egg yolk with crab - 1kg @ RM20.00
2) Chesse Crab - 1 kg @ RM18.00
3) Pao - Fried & Steamed (Rm3.00 per plate - consist of 6 pcs each plate)
4) Stir Fried Vege
5) Claypot egg plant
6) A pot of tie kuan Yin tea

We immediatelly had our table. And our tea came less than 5 min.... we waited less than 15 min our vege came followed by cheese crab, egg plant the finally the favourite of all dish Salted egg crab...And that was great and was pleased with excellent service. I thought I was at the Domino's pizza that pizza must be delivered within 30 or 45 mins or else u get something free.It was never that fast cos I used to wait for 30 - 45 mins for our food to be served but this time it was amazingly fast.

Then come food tasting time...crab dishes are always my all time favourite but I never like the cheese crab cos it taste like mushroom soup and melted with a few cheddar cheese...and that's how it taste like to me .Nothing special.

Salted egg crab...yeah...yummmy..oH !NO!.. NO!.... it wasn't like that...yeeuuuw...what happen to the crab.No sweetness and not succulent at all...what happened?Change of chef. Thought I was wrong.Asked the rest of my friends, they too were dissatisfied.So we tried the cheese thinking may be different batch of crabs..no ...no ...it tasted the same. I guess the crab was being pre slaughter and they boiled it & drain it & set aside. Then when there's an order, they just take the ready cooked crab & cooked them according to the order chit.Therefore, they will eventually cut down the cooking time (that'is why it came within 15 min). Do U believe me?

A good way of cooking crab that a crab must be alive. And as when is require, they will only slaughter it. It will taste fresh, sweet & succulent. One must not eat pre-slaughter crab. Do u agree with me if u know how to cook & eat crab.

Well, I complained only to a waitress (well, is just a waste of my time cos she is not a cook). She did explain to me that yes the chef boiled the crab first before cooking. Oh my god... the crab was boiled but NOT steam. And all the goodness & sweetness went into the water. And the crab tasted very dry....Oh..what a trully dissapointment we had. Used to be our favourite.And the waitress did apologise.But will she convey our message? And if she does, will the chef or management listen to customer feedback?

The changes that I see was more of negative to me. Don't know which smart one of them make this changes & ways of cooking the crab.Guess he/she know nuts about food and only know how to make profit. Also, I noticed that the new zen looking plates can only accomodate smaller portion of food compare to the old rounded plate which is used in a chinese restaurant if u know what I mean. Quite not practical for seafood dishes. We used to get a bigger portion for crabs but not now.

Btw, they serve you nuts nowadays (Rm1.50). It is good to see an upgrade but it is not a positive one when it comes to the dishes. The egg plant was my favourite too however something was missing ...no ummp! Just wondering they change the chef too or he went to the new branch in Puchong since Amanpuri has established. Well, all of us end up a lousy dinner venue which I suggested. :-(

Hope to see new improvement if I go back next time (guess not so soon..). I just want to enjoy a good QUALITY FOOD!!!

No comments: