CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Friday 22 May 2009

Xing Chao - Greetings in Vietnam (part 1)

Went to work in d morning for half day and rushed back home to catch a taxi to LCCT. Got my free ticket (who else Air Asia lah) since last year n cost me about RM300 (KL/HCMC/KL) which include 15 kg bag charge.(is expensive cos fuel surcharge involved)....I didn't get refund even though the fuel surcharge is no longer applicable for this year.

Flight was delayed for 1 hour and by the time I reached HCMC it was 7.30pm (HCMC is 1 hr behind M'sia) . And poor boy (Eric from hotel) waited for us and was very hungry. WOW! it was a Freelander 4x4.WOW! this budget hotel definately got a little bit of class.It was a wet wet wet day.It took us about 30 - 45 min to reach District 1 which was bustling at nite and we were so confused with our bearings .

According to Eric - it was the beginning of rainy season or the wet season (was there late April to early May). And finally we reached our hotel, and the driver stopped by the road side and some ladies came running to us with umbrellas, OMG where's the hotel, do I have to walk somewhere. For a moment , I regretted to have book this hotel. The next thing was, they took us to walk down an alley...OMG where are they taking us too? Was clueless, and the more regrets I had. Thought it was a red light district area.Finally less than 1 min, we reached the budget hotel which was run by the family and...WOW! so clean.So they gave us the key. We all have to leave our passpost with them. Reason being every night they need to report to the nearest police station who are the in house guests.So police will know that all tourist do not carry their passport. My room was on the 1st flr, and I had my triple sharing room. Towels super white, comes with mini bar (beer, juices,mineral water etc - chargeable of course), bathroom was clean with soap, tooth brush & paste and hot shower too....So was I happy with room ...YES...!Actually, it was good to have the hotel at this quiet alley cos it is less noisy compare to the hotel by the main street.

So the next thing was, we went for some munch and Eric actually gave us some restaurant name ...got a lot of choice but we have no choice but to eat there. Quite expensive.M expecting some hawkers food like Thailand...U know what I mean. This restaurant called Gom was just next to the famous Travel agent called Sinh Cafe. Can you imagine 4 pcs of Spring Roll (Vegetarian ) cost me VND45000 (RM10.00)....it is not cheap at all being a 3rd world country. What d heck , we really dunno where we are ,so makan saja lar.

Then we went to get some mineral water 1.5L @ VND8000 (RM1.80) and I found out there is this convenient store further up d road cost VND5000 (RM1.10). By the way, it is only drinking water not mineral water.Mineral water will cost more. It is advisable not to drink any roadside drinks which may cause diarrhea, however I guess being Malaysian, we are used to hawkers' food...so I did drink and eat roadside hawker's food... so far no problem.

And end of my first day in Saigon

Hotel that I stayed in was www.nhatthaohotel.com . How it looks like, it is exactly what u see on the website.


Here's some uploaded photos Vietnam - Ho Chin Minh City, Dalat & mekong Delta


Chao!

No comments: