CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Monday 28 December 2009

Back to d Pearl of Orient

Pearl of the Orient...where?...Well..it is the other name for Penang. M Penagites myself.Will travel back a few times in a year.Only have time to go there during the long weekend. Jamming together with holiday makers...ummm..luckily I departed on Friday afternoon...JAM Free.
Was in Penang Island itself on Saturday afternoon...first thing came to our mind was to eat chee cheong fun..and where to? To Genting Kopitiam (not in Genting but Island Glades).Unfortunately, chee cheong fun "bo liao". The reason the "chee cheong fun" is good cos the chili sauce make a difference from the rest.It has got dried shrimp inside.


Genting was packed of people but then I saw patrons were in a shop that soya drink ordering food from Genting..and that is a good idea cos Genting was quite humid & hot. The other shop has less people but one got to order the soya drink or "tau hu hua". The drink is very tasty compare to the one I had in KL which is watery & diluted.This is good.


soya drink (either brown sugar or plain sugar syrup) @ RM1.10 per glass




We have ordered the following food.



Assam Laksa @ RM2.50




Char Hor fun@ RM3.50



Kuih Talam -3pcs @ RM1.40 (d above picture consider 2 pcs)



After makan we went downtown to buy some famous biscuits. Guess none of you will know this shop Ban Heang Biscuits shop at Melaka St . Recommended by my aunty and a friend that their Heong Phneah is so good. The inside filling is soft unlike some others which is hard when u bite. And so true.I have already finished a packet before coming back to KL. It costs abt RM3.00 a packet. Then I also bought "pua kiam tee tau sar phneah"@ RM1.80 per packet









Then drove into Burma Rd...alamak so jam.Just wanna check out Him Heang Biscuits.Didn't expect this road to be so bad.And a few metres before the famous Him Heang biscuits shop we turned right to park our car. Walk to Him Heang..wau lau eh! So long que..right to the kitchem waiting to buy tar sar pneah....!well forget it.I just turn back.Not going to wait.Just before I leave the shop I checked out the Heong Pneah price -Guess how much....???RM6.20. Fuuyohhh!








The que is right to the kitchen



After Him Heang ,I wanted to look for some Kongsi however I missed a turn. I end up at the Sleeping Buddha and Burmese Temple.
















Then I bump into my cousin who is deaf. He has been earning his own living for many years outside the Burmese temple by selling souvernirs. Well, if u are unable to communicate with him via sign language, you may write down your messages & show it to him (either English or BM).




Cousin Brother


Later that night, met up with my brother & uncle.We went to Bukit Dumbar to have seafood dinner - Hai Boey Seafood Restaurant. Packed of diners from 8pm onwards.Must go early.Service bad- hard to get them to take orders.I guess if you get up & walk away, they don't even bother or felt the loss of business..Yup...to that extend!I guess.How good it is.....umm..not really up to my expectation. Total damage was Rm138.00 plus drink. Here's the menu.There's one more dish that I dun have a picture - Steamed pomfret in Claypot (cost RM30 - very small only - damn expensive).








Honey Chicken


Tofu with seaweed & Enorki mushroom



Sizzling Plate sotong & prawn @ RM30




Stir fried Kai Lan with Salted Fish




Calamari - not so good as u can see the batter is not sticking well to the squid.I guess they forgot to dip in the egg before the flour or only use egg....dunno lar

1 comment:

CW said...

love ur food photo man