CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Saturday 12 March 2011

Hong Kong Hotels

After 2 days in Guangzhou, I also travelled to Hong Kong. The last trip I went to HK was way back in 1997.It was a month after the handover to China and I remembered so well that it was Princess lady Diana met with an accident in France and passed away in the crash...sad indeed.

The last trip I had was with a tour agency so everything was arranged and cost me about RM1500 with SQ flight, 4 nights accomodation, tour and a trip to Shenzhen as well. And I enjoyed good exchange rate those days.

So this time it was a DIY trip and I popped in  HK via train from GZ  to Lo Wu (Shenzhen). Hotels in HK are relatively EXPENSIVE and small. Since m a budget traveller, what can I say,with low budget, I can't afford to stay in hotel but Hostel like room.Anyway, just wanna share tis hostel http://www.cleveryear.com/ 

Been searching around, luckily a friend in HK mentioned that their parents operate budget hostel & smack in MONGKOK. So what a deal.Moreover heading to a place that I feel safe and I know.
This hotel is frequent by mostly china tourist (Individual travellers) Location wise very convenient. Near Shantung st, Sai yong choi st, Lui yan kai,Shanghai st (all within walking distance) And around this hotel you will find BIG goldsmith like CHOW TAI FOOK and branded watches like Rolex brand which goes up to HKD500,000 or and above. Nvr seen so expensive watches.

Mongkok MTR station also very near.

And about the room. Pretty small enuf to put in 2 single bed and one big luggage.Comes with attach bathroom which is good. You can view pictures of the room via their website.And nothing shout about and m a real budget traveller. So don't expect much. This is a family operated biz.And the owner is from Fujian so I felt wahhh from the same kampong lor. The reason I stayed here because I also know them. So I felt safe with my luggage inside.

entrance to the hotel.This is a budget hotel, so need not expect big lobby or grand entrance.

The hotel is located in a building, where downstairs are commercial shops.The hotel is on 25th floor.And there are many hotel too in this buildingThat's how the people in HK operate hostel.



Btw, if you wish to purchase disneyland tickets cheap, you may go to Golden Crown @ Tsim Tsa Tsui http://goldencrownhk.com/reservations/en. The tickets is only HKD320. If you purchase directly from Disneyland it cost HKD350. You can even stay at this hotel as I have checked them out ..Rooms are not too bad @ HKD350 for twin bed. However during any major events in HK, be prepare to pay DOUBLE. Manage by an elderly couple.








Other budget hotel you may want to consider
1) http://www.yiufaiguesthouse.com/accommodation.html
2) http://www.cosmicguesthouse.com/room_rates.htm
3) http://wonderfulinn.com.hk/en/site/index
4) http://www.hktaisanguesthouse.com/eng/

2 comments:

Nava Krishnan said...

for me, as long as its clean environment, I am fine with it.

Milk Analyzer said...

Hi Nice blog dear.

Thanks for this dear