CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Tuesday 18 September 2007

Khoo Kongsi, Penang

Recently I visited the Khoo Kongsi in Penang.For years I have been looking for it however, I never find it myself cos the entrance was hidden and u will somehow miss it. This is like an association for the Khoo clan family. Usually the Kongsi or association is meant for the chinese people who has the same surname but must come from the same province from China. It was built many many years ago to help the chinese immigrants. You can read more about the Khoo Clan in this link http://www.khookongsi.com.my/. And when u enter the Khoo Kongsi ground floor, there's a little museum to show the history of the Khoo clan

This place is quite happening during the chinese festive season like Chinese New Year celebration, Lantern/mooncake festival, etc.

Sometimes this venue will be used for events like company annual dinners, concerts or even wedding. The main building will be the featured background piece.Outside caterers or even hotels will be called in to cater food and to do the entire set up.Permission has to be obtained from the management.

Here are some photos which I took personally
Khoo Kongsi

No comments: