CLICK ME TO FIND OUT

Monday 26 April 2010

La La (Clam) with Superior Soup (Xiong Tong La La)

Not working today cos was too tired after an event over the weekend. went for an Indonesian Massage @ Sanctuary Wellness SS2 (PJ)opposite. Yuan Garden Dim sum (probably a lot of ppl don'tknow this new outlet cos they just open on Apr 17 2010. Use to be Sri Siam Restaurant, I guess).

The price attracted me - RM28 for 1 hrs and 11/2 hrs @ RM45.15 (very odd). How was it....umm...so so nia for me especially I frequent massage at SS2. M so used to deep pressure point like those from China. This one is kind of light for me with oil massage. No feeling. Did not ease my tireness,shoulder & neck stiffness and muscle too. May be is for people who like light & soothing massage.

Anyway, is not abt my massage ...hehe. After the massage, I went to Pasar malam @ SS2 (PJ),just to look see look see. I went to my usual fishmonger and voila I found lala - 1 bag for RM10.00 (I think approximately 1 kg). And I was suppose to cook Mee Suah (rice noodle) serve Kampung chicken with Hock Chew red wine soup. But Lala attracted me and they were big . D last time I saw big lala was ages ago. Nowadays the thick shell clam are so call Lala but do you know they are not Lala...and I don't knw what they are call. And some were really small.

And here 's d lala that I bought from pasar malam



There are many ways to cook lala.Steamed it with Ginger & wine,stir fry with lot's of ginger & garlic,Stir fry with chili,dried shrimps & curry leaves (kam heong lala) etc

Here's the recipe
1) 500g Lala (up to you how much you want to eat)
2) Ginger ( 7 pcs of thin slice then shred it into tiny strips)
3) Kei chi (or wolfberry http://www.teacuppa.com/Wolfberry.asp.easily available @ chinese medicine shop) - 15g
4) Rice wine/ Hua Tiao wine - 2 caps
5) 80g Anchovies (tiny ikan bilis not the nasi lemak ikan bilis, this is much smaller).This is to make the soup/stock. You may also use Maggi ikan bilis cube (without added MSG)
6) 300 ml of water (adjust accordingly)
7) Dash of sesame seed oil
8) Spring onion or cilantro

Methods

I recommend to purchase the big Lala cos small lala do not have much flesh to enjoy. Secondly you have to wash every lala reason being there are some left over sand inside. You don't want to eat that!

First boiled the anchovies, ginger, wine & wolfberry till flavour is out & the soup has a sweet & salty taste and a bit spicy taste.(if you like more spicy add more ginger).

Last add in the lala and boiled for 2 - 3 min.Don't over boil the lala, it may not have the sweet taste.

When is ready, add in a few more dash of wine,pepper & sesame seed oil and Cilantro

Bon Apetite

4 comments:

kumfye said...

i feel freshness from ur lala soup...

thefye.com

Unknown said...

Hi,Thx for dropping by. Ask mom to cook for u.Watch out for the next dish!

Unknown said...

I tried this recipe just now...the soup was just delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Great to hear that. Share it with more people :-)